The provision of complex rehab technology is a team event. Suppliers and Clinicians work as a team to evaluate clients who require wheelchair seating and mobility equipment and intervention.
This page is designed to provide helpful resources to the clinician.
Wheelchair Seating and Evaluation Fillable Form (to be completed by Therapist)
Jill Sparacio, Jessica Pedersen, Mike Babinec (2003, 2007, 2014, 2018)
Click to download and complete form, save to your computer.
View the complete list of Medical Focus and Rehab Case Study article from previous editions DIRECTIONS
RESNA Position Papers
The Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America (RESNA) has published a series of Position Papers which presents
the consensus of experts and evidence and summarizes current research and best practice trends. The purpose of the Position Papers is for Evidence-based
- The Application of Tilt, Recline and Elevating Legrests for Wheelchairs - Revised Version
- The Application of Wheelchair Standing Devices
- RESNA Position of Wheelchairs Used as Seats in Motor Vehicles
- Application of Ultralight Manual Wheelchairs
- Application of Wheelchairs, Seating Systems and Secondary Supports for Positioning vs. Restraint
- The Application of Seat Elevating Devices
- The Application of Pediatric Power
- RESNA Position Paper on Evacuation Chairs
RESNA Service Provision Guide
The Wheelchair Service Provision Guide identifies the essential steps in the provision of a wheelchair.